Jennifer currently works with ReD Associates
, a management consultancy that works with the top companies in the world.
Prior, she was a Senior Researcher with the Risk & Resilience
Team at the Center for Security Studies (CSS
) at ETH
Zürich in Switzerland where she specialized in research on (societal) resilience, business in conflict zones, and critical infrastructure protection (CIP). She led a multi-year project that examined the targeting behaviors of non-state actors and conflict in energy producing and transit regions -becoming a notable expert on energy infrastructure vulnerability and non-technical risk management. She oversaw the development of the Energy Infrastructure Attack Database (EIAD
) to analyze global trends in EI targeting; managed the Tracking Energy Attacks Blog
; carried out field research in Colombia, Liberia, and Nigeria as well as case/site visits to other countries/regions of interest; and managed collaborations with the United States Institute of Peace (USIP
), Fund for Peace, and the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI). In addition to CSS, Jennifer has worked with various other notable organizations such as the United Nations Al-Qaida and Taliban (1267
) Sanctions Committee, the Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS
), and the Center for Terrorism and Intelligence Studies (CETIS
Additional activities/affiliations include:
- Member of the ASIS Petrochemical, Chemical & Extractive Industry Security Council
- Associate Research Fellow for the Centre for Niger Delta Studies at the Niger Delta University
- Advisor to the Institute for Dispute Resolution (IDR) in the Niger Delta
- Member of American Anthropological Association (AAA) and NAPA
- Ph.D. candidate at the Institute for Social Anthropology at the University of Basel
- Visiting Lecturer for the School of Public Policy at the Central European University (Hungary).
Originally from Lake Orion, Michigan, Jennifer grew up celebrating the arts, music and culture throughout the Detroit area. Since then she has lived in various parts of the US as well as Senegal, Ghana, Switzerland. She is an explorer at heart and has traveled throughout West Africa, Southeast Asia, Europe, North America, and Central and South America.